AGENTS OF CHANGE
OUR SCHOOL COUNCIL
The Flamingo Chicks’ Agents of Change (AOC) is our youth leadership programme for disabled children.
The Agents of Change (AOC) are an elected body of 27 young people aged 7-18 who represent their peers, lead our organisation and campaign for a fair future for disabled children. The Agents of Change programme and its sessions are underpinned by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
Our AOC’s have performed and spoken on some of the biggest platforms in the world! From No.10 Downing Street and the House of Commons to the United Nations in New York.
The Agents of Change programme
Our change-makers take part in regular development workshops. Underpinned by a core theme and featuring some incredible guests, these sessions aim to inspire our young advocates to further their leadership skills and realise their potential. The AOC’s also volunteer within their communities, undertaking accessibility audits and advising large companies on how to be more accessible. Recent audits include the Science Museum in London and Complete Control, the leading children’s digital agency.
- Interviewing the CEO of the Paralympics GB, Mike Sharrock.
- Costume-making with the English National Ballet’s costume designer.
- Drama for confidence with TV actor and Flamingo Chicks’ patron Joe Sims.
- Presenting and interviewing skills with TV presenters Laura Tobin (ITV), Rowan Bridge (BBC).
- Shoot for the stars hands-on STEM session with a NASA scientist.
- Exploring diversity with CBeebies stars, Joseph Elliot and Richard David-Caine.
Upcoming guests include Paralympian and Strictly Star Will Bayley and CEO of the Diana Award, Tessy Ojo.
The AOC’s are always on the look out for exciting opportunities to meet (via Zoom!) and interview inspiring individuals – if this is you, please get in touch with the Agents of Change Project Manager Rhiannon.