A multi-award winning organisation
Flamingo Chicks is a multi-award winning organisation and we are so proud of the recognition we’ve had. From winning a Pride of Sport Award from The Daily Mirror/TSB recognising our commitment to getting disabled children moving to a Point of Light Award from the UK Prime Minister, we’ve also won awards for social inclusion, contribution to the community and education.
Awards we have won
Queen's Award for Voluntary Service
Awarded June 2020.
The Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service is the highest award given to volunteer groups across the UK to recognise outstanding work in the community. It is the MBE for charities. Flamingo Chicks was praised for pioneering diversity through our exemplary volunteer programme.
Pride of Sport award
Awarded December 2016
Flamingo Chicks was awarded the 2016 Pride of Sport TSB Community Partnership award in recognition of our unique classes that make ballet accessible for disabled children. Watch the video we made with TSB here.
Other awards we have won...
- Innovation In Dance Award – One Dance UK 2021
- Best family arts activity – Fantastic For Families Awards 2021
- Youth Leadership Programme of the Year – Prestige Awards 2021
- Leading Facilitators of Inclusive Physical & Virtual Activities – UK at the 2021 GHP Social Care Awards
- Dance People Entertainment’s Community Service Award – 2020
- Best Disabled Children Inclusion Initiative at the 2018 GHP Social Care Awards
- Bristol Life Magazine’s Education Award in 2017
- A Point of Light Award from the Prime Minister (2015) recognising her work to champion inclusion and make ballet accessible for all.
- Junior Chamber International’s Outstanding Young Person of the World (2012): Katie Sparkes was named a 2012 JCI Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World (JCI TOYP) recipient in the category of moral and/or environmental leadership recognising her extraordinary work in corporate social responsibility and community.
- Good Housekeeping’s Heroine of the Year (2015)